music background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Scripture Hearts

Scripture Hearts!




Thanks Kirstin!  Yes, my sister gave me this little sheet of heart pictures that coordinate with scritpures that use the word heart.  I morphed it into a singing time.  Sadly, I will not use this with the junior primary this year as they just aren't quick when it comes to searching scriptures and looking up things and reading them to find clue.  However, this would make a fun singing time for the seniors or a family home evening, primary lesson or even sharing time.  Here are some hearts for thought....


Epheisians 4:18  Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the BLINDNESS of their hearts.  (heart with blind fold on it)

2 Nephi 4:30  Rejoice, O my heart, and CRY unto the Lord and say, O Lord, I will praise thee forever, yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.  (heart with tears on its cheek)

Mosiah 24:12  And Alma and his people did not raise their voice to the Lord their God, but they did POUR their hearts to him: and he did not know the thoughts of their hearts.  (heart with a cup, pouring out his hearts)

Proverbs 15:13  A MERRY heart maketh a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart, the spirit is broken. (heart with a huge smile on its face)

Proverbs 17:22  Me merry heart doeth good like MEDICINE but a broken spirit drieth the bones.  (heart that looks like a nurse)

2 Nephi 16:10  Make the heart of this people FAT and make their ears heavy and shut their eyes lest they see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and be converted and be healed.   (heart that looks puffy or FAT)

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Isreal after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my LAWS in their mind and write them in there hearts; and I will be to them a God and they shalle be to me a people. (heart that looks like a sherriff)

D&C 2:2 And he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the father, and the hearts of their children shall turn to FATHERS.  (heart with a little heart =father & son)

Matthew 6:21 For where your TREASURE is, there will your heart be also.  (heart with a treasure box)

So I enlarged the pictures of these hearts and laminated them.  I stuck them on the chalk board and gave out a reference in which the children had to go "chase" in their scriptures. I told them to keep in mind we are looking for references to "hearts" and what kind of hearts.  And they would read the scripture and match it with one of these hearts, on the back is a song to sing.  Kinda fun.  Who knew there were so many good scriptures out there with the word HEART in it.  Happy Valentines Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment