music background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Love Quilt

The Love Quilt




A Tribute to my mother, the QUILT QUEEN!

I love quilts...perhaps everyone does.  But I grew up with a mother who made quilts for just about any occasion because she felt life is a little better when you have a pretty or soft quilt.  So I had to do make a quilt singing time and it made sense it would be in honor of Valentines Day.  Nothing says love like a quilt...just ask my son who just recently got a new silky quilt from him Gramma.  He is feeling so loved right now!

My quilt is a family quilt...6 pieces and each has a word on it

1.  grandparents (song:  It's Always Fun When Grandpa Comes)
2.  brothers and sisters ( We are a Happy Family vs. "I love brother, he loves me, we love sister....")
3.  Ancestors (Family History I am Doing It)
4.  Mothers and Fathers ( Either Mother I Love You or Daddy's Homecoming)
5. Love (song about love like LOVE ONE ANOTHER)
6.  LOVE (song about love like I FEEL MY SAVIOR'S LOVE)

Here you can piece the quilt and explain that the LOVE pieces bring the design together  You cannot have an eternal family without LOVE...all the pieces form a big heart in the midde.  You could put a picture of the Savoir in the middle as well which would be sweet. 

So, you have the kids pick the puzzle pieces and have them try to make them fit together...takes a few tries but the kids like the challenge!  The songs are on the back of each piece and you sing the songs that coordinate with each piece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment