music background

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Irish Hatter




I stole this idea of course.  I just love this one!  So these hats came from Dollar Tree and Target.  They are so silly and the kids just love embarassing the leaders.  You can use these hats a variety of ways. I am half tempted to wear one while I do singing time because they already think I am a clown, I might as well dress for the occasion!

Anyway, I have 5 hats (may need to buy a few more).  Each hat will have a song that coordinates.  I will choose a helper.  The child will choose from the hats or goofy headbands.  The helper will lead the children in the song.  At the end of the song, he will choose a leader (or his teacher) to wear the hat he has chosen.  I think they will think it is really funny to see the adults wearing these things.  Me, too!

You could also put ways to sing a song on these hats.  Or the kids could wear the hats.  Endless possibilities.  My own 4 children are already fighting over which hat they get to wear on the 17th of March so they don't get pinched.


No comments:

Post a Comment