music background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Winter Fun



I always do singing times that coordinate with seasons or holidays.  So last month, I did some WINTER things.  Again, ideas from Kirstin.  Thanks KIR!  These are little winter people.  You can use them a variety of ways.  I have a poster with a winter scene.  The kids can choose a person and stick them on the winter scene, the song on back is what you sing as each person is picked.  Or you can hide the people and have the kids find them.  Last month I just had the people already stuck to the winter scene and the children pulled the ones off they wanted, the song was on the back, but on the front, I attached a little slip that said how the song would be sung when a specific word of the song was sung.  Here is how this works...

Song:  ONE IN A MILLION - word "million" action, TWIRL around
song:  I HOPE THEY CALL ME ON A MISSION - word "hope", action JUMP FOR JOY
song:  FOLLOW THE PROPHET - word "follow", action Clap
and so forth...

Pick songs that do not need a certain reverence.  The kids got so into this.  They have to pay attention to the lyric and wait for the word to come and then the action follows. 

This was really fun and I put a new twist on a poster I have had for 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment