music background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentines Day Ideas - heart bouquet and mailbox

Being IN LOVE with primay!

Wow...you gotta love primary!  It's especially fun when holidays roll around.  Here are the ideas I am doing for the next two weeks in primary with a VALENTINES theme.

First:  Again, I cannot take credit for this idea.  But I did my own version of it.  This is a bouquet of hearts.  I just copied and laminated these and put them on sticks.  I found this pail in the Dollar Spot at Target.  I filled it with rock salt and stuck these hearts in at varying heights to make a bouquet!

The hearts tell the children different ways to sing song. If you look in the index of the primary song book, you will find a whole list of songs under the title LOVE.  So I am just going to write myself a list of these great songs, ie: Love One Another, Jesus Said Love Everyone, Love Spoken Here, ect.  I will pick a helper and they will choose a heart and it will tell us how to sing these songs:

The hearts say:
MEOW
BARK
FAST SLOW
STAND AND FACE THE BACK OF THE ROOM
CLAP TO THE BEAT
SNAP TO THE BEAT
HUM



Okay here's another idea!


My son made this cute little mailbox in his preschool.  It's a saltine box that is covered and decorated and the flap on the end has sticky velcro to make it open and shut.  But I also noticed these cute little tin mailboxes at the $1-Spot at Target as well.  They would work.  Anyway, this singing time is about LOVE LETTERS.  I bought a pack of note cards for $1 at Target.  My daughter kindly decorated the outside of them for me with foam stickers.  Inside I just printed out little messages. 

Ex:  LOVE ONE ANOTHER
Who is your best friend?
Sing ONE ANOTHER


Name One thing you love about your family!
Sing:
WE ARE A HAPPY FAMILY

Temples are where we are sealed together as families forever.  Which is your favorite temple?
Sing:
I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

How do you show kindess and love in your home?
Sing:
Love Is Spoken Here

Jesus is the perfect example of love.
How do you feel the Savior's Love?
Sing:
I Feel My Savior's Love

Showing kindess is showing Love
How do you show kindess?
Sing:
Jesus Said Love Everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment