music background

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Heavenly Father Loves Me

I have been thinking of all the new songs and I am already stewing about February, the song being My Heavenly Father Loves Me.  This is my favorite primary song of all time.  It reads like poetry.  Last year I did actions to Nephi's Courage and it was a huge success.  I think I will do actions again with the little kids. I think it will help them learn this song as my kids don't know it.  It's an older song, one that is often not used Sundays.

Whenever I hear (put hand up to ear)
The song of a bird (put hands to form wings of a bird)
Or look at the blue, blue sky (look heavenward with arms outstretched)
Whenever I feel (hold out hands in front of you, putting hands up and then down to feel)
The rain on my face (rain motions from the sky and then pat your face)
Or the wind as it rushes by (use arms to make swishing motions of wind)
Whenever I touch (use index finger to touch the opposite index finger)
A velvet rose (left hand in ball and then it have spring out like a bloom)
Or by our lilac tree (put arms above head to form tree shape)
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world (put arms around you in hugging position-hug yourself)
Heavenly Father created (hands up to heaven)
For me (point to yourself)

He gave me my eyes (point to eyes)
That I might see (hands on forehand to look out)
The color of butterfly wings (form fluttery butterfly with hands and fingers)
He gave me my ears (both hands behind each ear)
That I might hear (keep hands on ears and move head side to side)
The magical sounds of things (keep moving side to side)
He gave me life (point to yourself, tapping your chest twice)
My mind (point to head brain)
My heart (use hands to form a heart over the breast)
I thank him rev'rently (bow head and fold arms)
For all his creations (extend arms out as if you were showing the audience everything)
Of which I am part (point to self)
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me (nod head in YES position, cross arms on chest for the actual sign language sign for LOVE and then point to self again)

Jolly Jen has alot of good clip art for this song as well so I know this will be an easy and fun one to teach as it has some really vivid visuals that are key reminders to the lyrics.  I LOVE this song.  Kamie Bolen is working on an amazing arrangement of this song. I keep waiting for her to post it.  It has a key change in the second verse and a tag ending.  So beautiful.  I am definitely going to do a special version of this for the program as I think it will be super touching!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love these actions you came up with. My kids really enjoy Nephi's Courage too because of all the actions. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete