music background

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cotton Ball Collection - Review for I Am A Child Of God

So I have yet to have the annual 'snowball' fight in primary, where the kids are given a half sheet of paper and asked to crumple it and throw it at the chorister.  I am thinking they need to earn it.  And here is how...

We have been learning all 4 verses to I AM A CHILD OF GOD.  They have it down pretty good, but it needs some fine tuning on lyrics and volume and confidence.  With the juniors I am going to use the snow man melt that I posted earlier.  But the seniors.? They find stuff like that kinda babyish.  So...


I have written the lyrics to the song on my newsprint tablet.  And I got my cup of markers out. I am going to ask a helper to come up and cross out 3-4 words, scribble them out good so you can see them.  Then the group is going to sing it, over and over while we continue to mark off every work so they have to know the words by heart (which I think they already do).  We will not be singing the chorus of this song (lead me guide me) because the kids know that by heart and need little practice on that part of each verse.  So we will be just concentrating on the new verses, the one they are no familiar with, which excludes #1 as they know that by heart as well.

Each helper has to judge how well the group sang the song. They are judging whether the group got all the words correct, whether they sang it strongly and confidently.  And then the helper gets to decide how many cotton balls go in the bucket.  If by the end of the 4 verses the bucket is full...they will have earned their snow ball fight.  You can chose to do the fight then and there or save it for a 'treat' next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment