music background

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Am A Child Of God Spotlight

http://forums.mormonshare.com/lds-clipart/i-am-a-child-of-god-logo-2-black-and-white

So starts a new year, new theme, new (old) song.  The kids are really familiar with the song, I AM A Child Of God.  While they may not know the multiple verses, I think they will pick them up easily as there is alot of repetition in each verse.  I figure there are 6 new lines they have to learn if you teach them all 4 verses.  And there are rhyming words in each.  So I am going to teach the verses by drilling in the rhymes of each verse using these sings.

2nd verse- Late/Great
3rd verse- Store/More
4th verse- Sure/Endure

The rest of the song are lyrics they are all well familar with with.

I thought I'd do a spotlight this week, showing that we are all children of God.  We will do a little teaching and then as we sing the multiple verses, we will use this spotlight.  I found this clip are on Momonshare (the link is above).  I copied, manipulating the image into a circle rather than an oval.  I laminated it and attached it to a flash light.  So I will start by spotlighting myself. I will stand with the flashlight under my chin so that the light shines up to my face.  After a few moments, I will go shine the light on someone else and they will come up for a few moments and then go fine another child of God to spotlight.  The children will be encouraged to only stand in the spotlight for a moment so we can get through as many children as possible.  They will alos be encouraged NOT to shine the light in people's eyes when they are picking someone, but rather aim it at their chest/heart.  I think we will do this all month long as we sing this song, getting through all the kids hopefully (mind you I have over 100 kids in my primary so I have a tast in front of me, but I will try). 



The spotlight is a standard flashlight, the sign is just taped to the front and I covered the handle to match.  The button is on the back so you can turn it on.  The light shines up.

No comments:

Post a Comment