music background

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trick Or Treat





Okay, I totally stole these ideas.  These were two seperate ideas and I combined them.  You could just use one or the other.  This game is posted on BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS as a party game.  They made their cans out of soup cans.  I didn't have a variety of soup cans lying around so I used pails I had and covered them with construction paper and put faces on them.  How to play...

So you get a small ball, like a bouncy ball, and line the pails up on the floor at varying lengths, or you could even set some on boxes to elevate them.  Pick a helper.  The helper gets to choose how difficult he/she wants his/her challenge.  It is easier to get the ball in the bigger pails.  The smaller the pail/can, the harder it is to make a basket.  Whether they get the ball in or not, have them then pick a card out of the pail they were trying for.

I made several cards some saying TRICK and some saying TREAT.  The Treat cards are all songs, and I put autumn seasonal songs on the back but you can put whatever songs you want on the back.  The Trick cards are silly Halloween riddles.  Again, some people might find it's weird to do this at church but I am a firm believer in making singing time fun and so some harmless jokes don't worry me too much.  If you don't want to do riddles, you could have the TRICK be like hide the object or make them do something like, stand on one leg and touch your nose, ect....  I totally morphed this orginal idea to suit me and you can do the same.  There is one Sunday left to play off of Halloween and so I am going to do this come Sunday.  We had a really great program last week and I feel the kids deserve a play day before he start Christmas songs!

RIDDLES:
What is a skeletone's favorite musical instrument?  A:  A Trom-BONE!
What does a bird say at Halloween?  A:  Twick or TWEET
What does a panda ghost eat?  A:  Bam-BOO
What pants do ghosts wear?  A:  Boo-jeans
What kind of TV is in a haunted house?  A:  A wide-SCREAM
What did the pumpking put on his boo-boo?  A:  A pumpkin PATCH
WHy didn't the skeleton want to dance?  A:  Because he had NO-body to dance with
Why did the little ghost cry?  A:  Because he wanted his MUMMY
What do you call a nervous witch?  A:  A T-WITCH
How do ghosts like their eggs?  A:  Terror-fried
What kind of streets do zombies live on?  DEAD-ENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment