music background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Have You Ever Seen A Turkey



I am going to attempt to post my NOVEMBER ideas.  I really think Thanksgiving is such a special holiday but often gets overshadowed by Halloween and Christmas.  Now that the program is over (whew), we are just going to have fun in primary. I think I will teach the kids CHILDREN ALL OVER THE WORLD on pg 16.  It's not one we ever sing but it's a classic and has a good message.

Also, here's a spin on an oldie but goodie.  HERE WE ARE TOGETHER, pg 261.  Change the words to HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A TURKEY.

Have you ever seen a turkey, a turkey, a turkey?
Have you ever seen a turkey on Thanksgiving day?
Move this way (move to right) move that way (move to the left)
REPEAT
Have you ever seen a turkey, move this way or that.

I did this last year and put these funny little feather hats on me and my helpers, which I found at JoAnn's Fabric Store but you could make them or perhaps find them there again this year.  Often Target has strange things like this in their $1-Spot section.  Anyway, we had all the kids stand and sing this song and do their turkey dance.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment