music background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back To School


Well....the presidency wanted to do some serious review on Sunday and so I had little time to really do anything fun.  School starts this week and I have to honor things like this, I am very seasonally oriented.  So I prepared something as a "wiggle" activity to do in the midst of singing the songs that sadly we are all tiring of quickly.

This is a simple jar full of "emotions".  This goes with HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT.  We change it up... IF YOU ARE SAD SCHOOL IS STARTING....  IF YOU ARE GLAD SCHOOL IS STARTING...

The kids got to choose their emotions...what are they feeling about summer being over and school starting.

Blah...if you are sad school is starting, then say BLAHHHHH!
Boo Hoo...if you are sad school is starting, say BOO HOO
YAWN....if you are sad school is starting, then yawn
Jump For Joy...if you are glad school is starting, jump for joy
Shout Yipee (opera style)...if you are glad school is starting, sing yippe opera style
Twirl...if you are glad school is starting, then TWIRL (spin)

They were totally into this.  It was totally silly but even the seniors got into it.  Oh did I mention, I was just called as the senior leader in addition to juniors.  So I am trying to figure out how to entertain the big kids. I have realized, they can be enticed to be silly here and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment