music background

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hats Off To Mother


Again, I cannot take credit for this.  I love this idea.  So sweet.  And for those of you like me, who are rather OCD, and plan ahead...here is such a fun idea for mother's day.  It has to do with all the different "hats" moms where.  So the poster is put on the chalk board.  And you ask a helper to come up and pick a hat.  They have to tell the primary why they picked that hat, why it's important to them in regards to all their mother does for them.  The hats are as follows:

the nurse cap - my mother takes care of me when I am sick
the Taxi cap - my mother shuttles me around everywhere
the crown - my mother is a queen because...
the baker hat - my mother makes the BEST....
the detective hat - my mother is really good at finding things that are lost/or finding the truth
the maid hat - my mother keeps our house clean and makes sure my clothes are clean, too
the frilly hat - my mother is beautiful because...

On the back of these hats are songs having to do with family or mothers:

Love Spoken Here
The Family
Mother I Love You
I Often Go Walking
Mother Dear
Happy Family
Happy & You Know
Families Can Be Together
ect...

I have one coming up for Dad's, too (Family TIES that involves ties - stay tuned)

No comments:

Post a Comment