music background

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Prophet Said To Plant a Garden




I cannot take credit for the cleverness of these seed packets.  This is my sister, Kirstin's, creation.  But what to do with the packets?  So I put them on sticks and stuck them in a pot.  Spring is the time to plant a garden. I was thinking it would be fun to introduce the song THE PROPHET SAID TO PLANT A GARDEN (pg 237).  I am going to have the words on a simple poster.  We will sing this prior to playing so the kids can hear how cute this song is and think about why we plant garden even though Wal Mart is down the road.  The seed packets are of vegetables and on the back is a riddle with clues to a song.  To play this game, it is similar to the game PASSWORD.  You give one clue at a time and see if the kids can get the song using the least amount of clues.

BEET PACKET :  NOTHING BEETS SINGING
Your choice of song ( no riddle)
PEA PACKET:  PEAS SING
(high, low, show, follow =  Do As I Am Doing)
LETTUCE PACKET:  LETTUCE SING
(food, trees, pop = poppcorn popping)
CARROT PACKET:  If you Carrot-all to sing
(book, sacred, prohets, actions = Book Of Mormon Stories)
CORN PACKET:  Corn you sing?
(yellow like corn, up in the sky, shaped like a circle, shines for Him = Sunbeam)
TURNIP PACKET:  Glad You Could Turnip To Sing
(body, 4 parts, head, toes = Head Shoulder Knees, Toes)


Of course you can make the clues harder depending on your audience and you can pick any songs you want.  I am celebrating spring and chosing songs to do with the season mostly.  I always do the song of the month and article of faith prior to the games and so I feel the songs in the game can be fun ones as we do our serious singing when practicing those other songs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment