music background

Thursday, March 1, 2012

He Is Risen Eggs


So I made and laminated these eggs using the color swatches you get at a paint store.  I just printed out the letters on my computer in a block font and cut them out.  They all have a magnet on the back so they can stick to the chalk board.  Some eggs have songs and some have a question about about Easter.  There are a few ways to use these eggs.  The first is just a an "egg scramble" where you could have the eggs up on the board in mixed order and have a helper come pick and egg, see if there is a song on the back and then try to place it.  It might be best in this situation to do the dash marks in chalk under it so the kiddos know there are 3 words and have a reference to where they put them.  This would be challenging for the seniors as they decode the Easter message. 

I do no think my juniors are up for reading and spelling out the sentence, so I did a spin on this decoding for them using colors verses words.  I have a secondary set of eggs without the letters on them that correspond to the same colors as the ones with the letters.  I will put these on the board in order so they know there are 3 words here.

Then they have to hunt for the egg that matches and when they find the matching egg, we will replace the plain egg with the one with the letter on it, finally creating the message.

The songs on the back of the eggs are:
WHEN HE COMES  AGAIN
I'M TRYING TO BE LIKE JESUS
JESUS WANTS ME FOR A SUNBEAM
HE SENT HIS SON
I FEEL MY SAVIORS LOVE

Questions
What is your favorite part of Easter?
How do you know Jesus love you?
Why do you think we celebrate Easter?
Who was in the tomb when the rock was rolled away?

No comments:

Post a Comment