music background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Egg-Toss Review (Choose The Right)





Well my ward had a highly irregular February and we only attended two Sundays due to conferences and what not.  So we are still learning the verses of CHOOSE THE RIGHT, which is no easy feat for those little sunbeams. But they are real champs and have come a long ways.  Since this month's song is STAND FOR THE RIGHT, a song they know well from last year's program, I am spending very little time on it. 

For this game, I have 3 Easter buckets.  They will be place at different lengths on the floor.  One is worth 5, one worth 10 and the other worth 20.  We will be singing Choose The Right over and over, which by the way, really makes me insane.  I really dislike singing a song over and over again, beating it to death, but I figure this was a good week to review.  And they haven't really been tested on this yet. 

I will have the pianist play and then stop whenever she wants.  Then I will ask who knows the next word if we were to continue singing.  If someone gets it, they get to come up and try for the egg toss.  They can choose the easy basket at 5 points or go the distance with the the 20 pointer.  If they make the basket (using a plastic Easter egg), I will give them their egg medal that says EGG-CELLENT!  We will then continue singing and the pianist will stop at a new place and we will do it over and over until we have sung the song multiple times. 

This idea of course could be used any time, and it doesn't have to be an egg, it could be a bean bag or whatever matches a particular holiday or season.  I also thought that I could make a bunch of those funny little medals and give them out to kids that I think are singing really well.  I could walk around the room and listen and that is when I think those kids try their hardest because they know I am watching and listening.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment