music background

Friday, February 22, 2013

I Am Like A Star






We are learning all about Heavenly Father this year.  So the song, I AM LIKE A STAR, came to my mind immediately.  I love this song.  So simple, so sweet...the accompaniment is just cute.  I thought the juniors would love to learn this and possibly sing it in the program alone, or perhaps one of the junior classes could perform this alone for the program.  I made these stars on sticks for them.  Last year, I made CTR signs on sticks to learn the hymn, CHOOSE THE RIGHT, and the junior just loved it.  So I thought this would be a fun one.  Of course this song is just super short and simple and so I think they will pick up easily.  I will sing it through TWICE to make it a little longer.  I decided some actions might be fun to accompany the sticks, so they aren't just raising in the air or poking their neighbors with them.  Here goes...

I am like a Star - tap star stick to chest as if you are pointing to yourself
Shining brightly - hold stick in the air and with the wrist, shimmer it back and forth
Shining for the whole world to see - with the stick still in the air, wave it from side to side
I can do and say - use stick and point it out like you are tapping a wand on something for "do" and then hold the stick up to your mouth for the "say" part of the lyric
Happy things each day - use stick to draw an imaginary big old smiley face by your own face
For I know Heavenly Father Loves Me- Wave sticks in the air again and then tap heart with stick at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment