music background

Friday, February 22, 2013

Are you "Board "



http://afprimarysingingtime.blogspot.com/2010/09/fun-ways-to-sing.html

While engaged in my infinite blog stalking hobby, I have come across another Brittany (Brittney)...who does just neat things.    I use a lot of her ideas as she is gifted with the computer and makes fun and CUTE props.  She had this post on cards she makes that suggest different ways to sing a song.  I have already made something similar but suffice it say, hers are way cuter graphically.  They are all in these square shapes, which  make them uniform and easy to cut out.  See link above if you aren't already addicted to this lady's blog!

Anyway, I had this thought of using all the squares on a board instead of having them as cards to pick.  So I printed them and put them on a poster board.  Then I got out a bean bag.  I thought for February's last hurrah of reviewing both I Am A Child Of God all verses, and My Heavenly Father Loves Me, we could spice it up a bit.  I will tweak this for the two different groups.  For the little kids, I will just call a helper up.  They will stand away from the board and toss the bean bag and it should land on a square, which will tell us how we are going to sing that particular verse.  With reviewing both songs, that is 6 verses, we should get 6 tries in that translates to 6 goofy ways to review.  This board could be used for any song though.  I know I will bring this out for just as it is just a spin on picking a singing-cards.

For the seniors, I am combining this with another idea I just saw posted that had to do with rolling doubles with dice.  So I will split the seniors into two groups.  I will hand a box with 3 dice in it to a person on each of the teams, and so that one person will be representing their team.  We will start singing the song we are reviewing and they will start rolling the dice.  Whomever gets doubles first, I put 3 dice in to add to the probability of rolling doubles faster, gets to chose a square off this board and the opposing side, the ones who didn't get doubles, has to finish the verse using the action that the other team chooses.

Hopefully it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment