music background

Monday, December 10, 2012

The Gift Of Christmas

It is not unusual for me to do several gimmicks in one Sunday, trying to keep it fresh.  I don't know if this particular activity would last an entire singing time, but it might be fun to incorporate with another activity or general singing!  Use at the end of a singing time.

I had this thought to pass a present around while the pianist plays a Christmas song from the book.  When the music stops, the child who has the gift has to name the Christmas tune and say what gift they are grateful for this season.  When the time is nigh to quit, the last person the present ends on will get to open the gift.  Before he/she does this, I will ask them collectively what the best gift of Christmas is?  I am hoping they will know the right answer, which may include:

The baby Jesus
The atonement
The gospel
The Lord
Ect...

Inside the box will be enough hug/kisses candies for the group.  I will explain that the best gift we get is the gift of LOVE, which is our Savior who came a baby in a stall, who did atone and die for sins that we may live again.  And what we give to him this season is to show that same love to those around us. 

I rarely bring treats to primary but I think the Sunday before Christmas will be an okay Sunday to hand out a small piece of candy to the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment