music background

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Best of 2012




So how do we spend the last Sunday of the year?  I have been thinking for a few weeks, wondering if we should just continue Christmas stuff since we only get on month a year to do it.  But then I thought of having the BEST of 2012.  We have learned alot this year and why not celebrate it one last time before we start the new regime of learning all the stuff for 2013.  This singing time is simple.  I made 6 labels for 6 bags, numbering the bags 1-6.  Then I have a dice.  They roll the dice and whatever number they roll coordinates with the number on the bags.  Inside the bags, there are strips with all the songs we have sung and learned through the year.  We will never get through them all as they are like over 50 songs between all the bags, but they should get a taste of what we've sung over the past 365 days.

Here are my categories:

The best of program songs (our ward had 13 program songs)
Sneak Peek of 2013 program songs (there are 13 of these as well)
The best of the 4 seasons (5 little Pumpkins, Have you Ever Seen a Turkey, Pioneers songs, patriotic... anything you we have sung coordinating with a holiday or a season)
Temple Spotlight songs (we did a temple spotlight in opening exercises and learned all the songs in the book having to do with temples - 4 songs)
Fun Songs we have learned (like the Books of the Book of Mormon, latter-day prophets, ect...anything random I threw in the mix over the year for fun)
Article Of Faith Songs- We learned all 13

We will be singing a marathon on Sunday.  If they get restless, I have my jar of sticks that spice up how we can sing songs, like HUM, OOO, STAND FACE BACK OF ROOM, ect...!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT idea!! I think I will use this tomorrow...SO SIMPLE!!

    ReplyDelete