music background

Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Family Ties" for Father's Day


So Father's Day is this Sunday.  And I can't help but spotlight the wonderful men we have in our lives, present and past. I have seen this idea on other blogs but have tweaked it a little for my own purposes. I made a simple DAD poster and some ties.  The ties can be used several ways.  They can be hidden and found or picked from a bag or a hat.  They go on our cute dad here.  On the back are questions...they have scripture and song reverences.  I will not do the scriptures references with the younger kids but if you wanted to make it hard, you can give the reference, have the children chase to find it to find out what kind of Dad we are talking about:

Q:  Who is the father of our earth?  Hint:  1 Nephi 5:11 "and also of Adam and Eve, who were our first parents."  Sing Follow The Prophet, pg 110 first verse only  A:  Adam

Q:  Who is the father of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ?  Hint:  JSH " I saw two personages whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air.  One fo the spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other, this is my beloved son, hear him!"
Sing Praise To the Man  hymn #27 first verse only  A:  Joseph Smith

Q:  Who is the father of us all?  Hint:  Moses 1:18 " Moses lifted up his eyes untio heaven, being filled with the Holy Ghost which beareth record of the Father and his son."  Sing FATHERS pg 209  3rd verse only.  A:  Our Heavenly Father

Q:  Who was the father of Jesus when he livd on the earth?  Hint:  Matt 1:16 "And Jaco begant Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born, Jesus, who is called Christ."  Sing When Joseph Went To Bethlehem pg 38  first verse only.  A:  Joseph

Q:  Who is your father's father?  What do you call him?  A:  Grandpa.  Have child tell us about one of their grandpas.  Sing When Grandpa Comes pg 201

Q: What is your father's name?  Tell us why you think he is the best.  YOUR CHOICE IN SONG

I hope the kids see that we celebrate many fathers on father's day...including our bishop and all the fathers in the scriptures, our earth father and our heavenly father.

Patriotic stuff is coming...I love the 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment