music background

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

chain update

So my primary program was the week before conference.  I have been kinda just resting up the last two weeks.  It was really good but also exhausting.  After the program, I let the kids measure our singing chain during primary.  It made it to the Bishop's office. I had no doubts that it would do so.  We had a little field trip down the hall as they kids pulled it as far as it could go.  Then I gave them candy.  Yes, I am sure the presidency LOVES me.  HAR HAR.  But wow, my kids earned it.  Here's a pictures of it.



My primary kids got way into this.  They asked me when it was over, if we could continue to make it grow and go around the building. I had to admit, I probably didn't have enough construction paper for all that but I appreciate their motivation to keep up their singing whether we were working towards a program or not.  But as far as a motivator to get them to sing strong during all our program practices, this worked like a champ. I had someone just sit by me and add links as they did well.  And of course we were generous in our link adding.  The kids were very curious to see just how long it was.  HINT:  I did go to the building midweek after our last practice and measure it beforehand as I didn't want them to come up short.  However, I didn't have to add any...all these links we earned by my singing stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment