music background

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Holy Smokes, it's almost October...some goofy fall songs

Wow, the weeks are flying by. I have been MIA.  My primary program is in 2 weeks and we have had practices in the chapel for 2 weeks now which means I haven't had to come up with any ideas to entertain the kids.  However, we are still adding to our singing chain each week and I am going to post a picture in a bit.  It is so long it is in two enormous garbage sacks.  The kids think it is so ridiculous and funny...and well, it is.  When the program is over, we are going to roll it out and measure just how long it goes. 

I was blog stalking like I do because I love gleaning ideas.  And I came across alternative lyrics to OH WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE SUMMER TIME.  If you have gone into my archives, you know one of my favorite things to do is mess with 'fun' songs in the primary song book by changing their lyrics. 

It is just about time to get out 5 LITTLE PUMPKINS (Popcorn Popping).  But this one is kinda cute, too.  OH WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE AUTUMN TIME  (check it out, even has visuals all ready to go for it).  When the program is over, I will be using this to celebrate autumn (which is my favorite season!)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6S_8KBQBYDxVkF3N3F1WVNfQVU/edit?pli=1

Singing the apostle song might be a fun addition to getting ready for conference!
http://www.scribd.com/doc/85291342/Living-Prophets-Song-First-Presidency-12-Apostles-Nalani



2 comments:

  1. Just thought you should know that the Apostle song is outdated. It still has Elder Wirthlin in it and does not have Elder Anderson added at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you explain 5 little pumpkins and Popcorn Popping? I'm not familiar with that one.

    ReplyDelete