music background

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Primary Idol

I know this idea has been posted a lot in blogland so forgive me if you are thinking...NOT AGAIN!  But as usual, I took someone else's vision and morphed it into something I feel will work for me.  Perhaps you can do the same!  I found the graphics from a computer savvy chorister on another blog and snatched them up.  I did a little spin on this idea to make it more simple for me.  Since American Idol is in full swing right now, I thought it would be fun to use this for the senior primary as a way to review the songs and verses we have learned so far.  So what I did is that I just copied the graphic twice and laminated it. I will just stick it to the back of two chairs that I will place in front of the audience in our primary room (judges panel chairs). I will then pick a helper from our stick can.  That person gets to come up as a judge (which is a spin on using teachers or outside guests to come in and judge- they will judge themselves instead).  The helper will pick another person to help judge and that person will come forward (could be a friend, classmate or teacher or leader).  So we will have TWO judges.  I have two cups.  One of the judges will draw from one, the other judge from the other cup.  One cup has the class names in it.  The other cup has the song and verse that class will sing. 

So ONE class ends up singing ONE verse of one of the songs we have learned so far.  The judges then will critique them.  I will warn them to be nice...constructive criticism is good but being just rude is not okay.  The goal is to sort of get a friendly competition between classes going so that each class tries to out do another while perfecting our program songs. 

This will just be a quick and fun way to review the songs we have learned so far.

here is the link to the graphics:http://www.overthebigmoon.com/primary-idol/

No comments:

Post a Comment